"Reused passwords" that are actually just variations of different logins for my university

Options
misterpumpy
misterpumpy
Community Member

I have an issue with watchtower reporting 6 of my logins as having a reused password. All six passwords are the same login just for different aspects of my university online services. So I have a login for my email, a login for my primary student info, etc etc. I cannot have separate passwords for these different logins regarding my university. Is there a way to flag certain logins as being a part of a larger login tree, or do I just need to keep in mind that 1password is gonna keep flagging this forever?

1Password Version: Current
Extension Version: Current
OS Version: current macOS, iOS, Windows, etc
Browser: Firefox, Safari

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited April 4
    Options

Best practice for this case is to have only 1 login entry instead of 6 different ones in 1Password. Remove/archive the other 5. To make 1Password autofill every separate university service, add the URLs of these different services to the one entry as additional website url.

If all the university services have the same top level domain (for example (whatever).myuniversity.org), you don't even need to do that, since 1Password identifies website groups in general by their top level domain as default.

However, if one of the services need a different username for login but the same password, you have to have multiple 1Password login entries - in this case it's not possible to unify all entries.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@misterpumpy

Let us know if you find @Tertius3's suggestions helpful. I think they'll meet your needs.