Search in Archive when...?

Options
EnerJi
EnerJi
Community Member

I see this has been requested repeatedly over the years with no action so far. Let me share a (frustrating) customer story that may be helpful in understanding why this would be a worthwhile use of limited development resources.

Six months ago, I transitioned to a new mobile phone carrier. At some point between then and now, I archived my old mobile phone login details. I recently was reminded that I never received a refund for my final month's overpayment, and so today I decided to follow-up and try and get that overdue refund.

In order to validate me, my old phone carrier's customer support needed my old account PIN. I was sure I had saved it to 1PW, and of course no amount of searching was able to uncover it. Eventually I resorted to scrolling through a couple hundred archived items before I finally found it.

(And since then, I actually re-discovered that there IS a way to search within Archive by selecting the Archive and using Opt-Cmd-F, but it's poorly discoverable and I had forgotten all about it.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @EnerJi - Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us, I'm happy to hear that you were able to locate the item using Find (Opt-Cmd-F) in the end.

Archived items are excluded from the results of full searches by design, but Find is available for any list of items in any of the 1Password apps.

If you'd like to share more details of how you'd like searching in the Archive to work, I'd be happy to file a feature request with the Product Team to advocate for a change on your behalf.