1Password version of Hide My Email

Options
MaximalMunch
MaximalMunch
Community Member
edited April 5 in Lounge

I can't help but feel that a 1Password version of Hide My Email would be such a great complimentary feature for the company and its users. It's so useful and I feel like it fits in with what 1Password is all about. Can even be an add-on feature. This is something that I'm pretty sure Proton offers as well.

I use this feature all of the time through iCloud+ and it's great, but there are a couple of downsides:

• It works to keep you locked into iCloud+ (so does Private Relay)
  • In order to use it efficiently, I keep "Using information from my contacts" turned on which covers 1P's suggestion
  • Feels fragmented that I keep my passwords and usernames stored in 1Password, but have to manage my Hide My Email addresses somewhere else that feels kind of buried

I hope this can be given some thought if you haven't thought of it already.

Thanks for hearing me out.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong category. I didn't see anything that really stood out as a general feature idea category.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 5
    Options

@MaximalMunch

No worries about where you posted. It's all good. I can add your voice to an open feature request we have for this ability (additional providers). I can't say we would develop one. We're largely focused on 1Password but I'll be sure to notate that you would love to see something offered by us.

ref: PB-39145701

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited April 5
    Options

Isn’t that already available as “Masked Email” (if you use Fastmail)?

https://1password.com/fastmail/

• MaximalMunch
    MaximalMunch
    Community Member
    Options

@XIII That doesn't help people that don't use Fastmail. Also, is that a 1Password feature or a Fastmail feature that 1Password has integrated into their service?

• MaximalMunch
    MaximalMunch
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks. And just to be clear, I don't mean adding additional providers. I mean 1P creating its own "hide my email" feature.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

is that a 1Password feature or a Fastmail feature that 1Password has integrated into their service?

The folks from 1Password call it “a 1Password and Fastmail integration”.

https://blog.1password.com/fastmail-masked-email

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thank you. I'll make that distinction in the request.