Auto fill not working properly on Android Edge Canary

Options
Orado
Orado
Community Member

I've recently switched from Firefox to Edge Canary on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G) since Edge now supports Extensions on mobile.
All is working as expected with the exception of 1Password.
9 times out of 10 it will not pop up the auto fill for 1Password.
Opening the same login page on Firefox will trigger the pop up.

1Password Version: 1Password for Android 8.10.30 (81030001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: 124.0.2477.0

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Orado! 👋

I'm sorry that autofill with 1Password isn't working in Edge on your Android phone. Could you post a screenshot of the pop-up that you're referring to? Do you mean the suggestions that appear above the keyboard after you tap on the username or password field in an app:

Is the issue occurring more on certain websites? Or is it random? If it is occurring more often on certain websites then are you able to share those with me so that I can test on my end? (Don't share your username/password, just the website address.)

-Dave

• Orado
    Orado
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I can, for instance: https://1password.community/entry/signin?Target=discussion/comment/707760

I mean the pop up above the keyboard, the field one is driven by extensions in the browser which won't work.
    It happens on most sites and sometimes it helps to open 1Password and then sometimes it will show the autofill but more often not.

• Orado
    Orado
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing more issues on the board with chromium based canary builds

• Hi @Orado,

We had reports of this issue occurring for some users around the time you reported the issue. At the time it appeared this issue was limited to only Edge Canary as I was able to autofill in the production version of Edge without any issues.

I've tested Edge Canary today and autofill seems to be working fine. It is likely this issue has been resolved by Microsoft in a recent update to Edge Canary. Would autofill now be working fine for you in Edge Canary or would the issue still be occurring?

-- Brendan