Trouble with soundsonline.com Login

ambientdreamer
ambientdreamer
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I am having issues for 1password recognizing and saving my login and password information for certain sites.
The sites seems to be where the login is my email address.
I am a composer and the sites that I cannot seem to have 1pass recognize are
avid.com, and soundsonline,com....

I even tried manually entering these in and when I do this.. it does not recognize anything.

the sites are added to my safe site on FIrefox. IE does not recognize them either when I use that browser.
I have successfully got most of my sites entered correctly with no problems...

not sure why it does not recognize the sites with the login and password...

do you do remote assistance.. ? I have been spending way to much time trying to get this to work,..

thanks

Ric

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you're having this problem, Ric. Please try saving a new Login manually for the first site like this in Firefox:

1. Visit the site's login page: https://www.avid.com/US/account/orientation
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://www.avid.com/US/account/orientation

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

The Soundsonline site is throwing up a bunch of errors in the console, though. I'll see if there is something we can do there. I can't get a Login item to save or fill there at all. Autosave doesn't work either. There seems to be something broken about their code.

I'll post back with more information as I uncover it. Thanks for your patience.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Autosave appears to be working well on the Soundsonline site. Just make sure you don't have a Login already saved with the same password for that site, then log in. 1Password should prompt you to save a new Login (presuming you have autosave enabled). Then the Login you save should work well.

Manual save isn't working because there is a display: none; in the style attribute of the <td> that surrounds the <form> tag. Somewhere in the JavaScript, this is obviously changed since we can see the form, but the style attribute isn't updated to remove it. According to this MDN article the getComputedStyle function works just like element.style except that it takes into account external stylesheets and is read-only. What it does not mean is that it's getting the current style after all the scripts have run. This all falls under our "don't fill invisible forms/fields" tenet, and if we try changing that tenet a great number of sites will be broken.

Keeping in mind that autosave and filling are working, it is probably best to not try to make a change in this regard since it will break a lot of other sites if we do.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.