Search feedback and the passkeys directory

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Search Filtering.

Comments

• BurningOutside
    BurningOutside
    Community Member
    Options

If I'm able to add on to this request, I'd love a way of at a glance searching for items that do or do not meet certain criteria. Similar to watchtower's alerting you of sites that 1Password believes supports MFA/Passkeys, I'd love to easily view all sites that don't have passkeys yet since Watchtower's missed several sites I've discovered supported them (can't think of examples). Additionally I'd like to view sites I've set up passkeys for that still have TOTP, or any items that don't have an email field (or even better, username isn't an email address, and the item doesn't contain an email field).

Smart searching by various criteria like the above, or with tags, etc can make much easier work of cleaning up and better securing accounts.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BurningOutside

Thank you for the detailed explanation of how more advanced search capabilities would help you use 1Password to find certain items. I've passed your comments along to the team so that they can look into adding such capabilities in the future.

Watchtower's missed several sites I've discovered supported them (can't think of examples).

If you do come across websites like this in the future then please submit them to the directory so that the team can have them added (once they're part of the directory, Watchtower will become "aware" of them as well): Passkeys Directory Contribution Form

-Dave

ref: PB-39129851

• BurningOutside
    BurningOutside
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that passkey contribution form. It appears to require a gmail account so I'm unable to view or complete it.

Here's some quick ones I was able to suss out by sorting by most recently modified, and arrowing down through each an every item. A search filter for items with passkeys would be great here 😃. None of these appear to be showing when I look in https://passkeys.directory/. Many of them are in the "vote for passkey support" tab.

id.me
    carnival.com
    proton.me
    discord.com
    facebook.com
    dropbox.com
    wordpress.com
    login.gov
    nordvpn.com
    1password itself?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BurningOutside

Thank you for the feedback, at the moment the contribution form does require a Google account because of the video upload portion of the forum. That being said, I've passed your feedback along to the team internally.

I can submit the websites to the directory on your behalf, services need to support passkeys for sign in and not just multi-factor authentication (MFA) in order to be listed.

Could you confirm which of the services listed support passkeys for sign in? I see a few websites in your list that only support passkeys for MFA (as far as I'm aware) such as Proton and Dropbox. For each submission, could you link to the service's support page which describes how to add a passkey for sign in for that service? That will allow the team to verify that the service should be added to the directory.

1password itself?

Regular 1Password accounts don't yet support passkey unlock although the team is testing the functionality in a public beta: Unlock 1Password With a Passkey: Now in Beta

-Dave