Certain UI elements pose visibility challenges when using Dark Mode

Options
GutiPerez
GutiPerez
Community Member

Hello

When Dark Mode is enabled, certain buttons or elements within the UI can be difficult to distinguish due to their color choices.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.28 (81028034)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 23H2 (22631.3296)
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• GutiPerez
    GutiPerez
    Community Member
    Options

Another example:

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

As far as I see it, 1Password uses the Windows accent color for these elements. You can choose a different accent color in Windows personalization settings - using black as accent color for dark mode is not a good idea anyway, in my opinion.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @GutiPerez! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into display issues when using 1Password. I'm not seeing the same issues on my end:

It sounds like you might have personalized colours in Windows itself that 1Password is then honouring (as Tertius3 mentioned). Try changing the colours to something that is more readable: Change colors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

• GutiPerez
    GutiPerez
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P

As @Tertius3 and you pointed out, those elements have the color set depending on the Windows accent color. I have it configured automatically depending on my wallpaper (which changes daily), so sometimes the selected accent color is not the most appropriate for the dark mode. Anyway, this is working as intended, and now I understand what was going on.

Thanks you both.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Fantastic, I'm glad that the mystery was solved. 🙂

-Dave

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

@GutiPerez I also used to use an automatic accent color for Windows dark mode, but since my wallpaper is very dark itself, the automatic color is usually too dark.

So I manually chose a color that makes good contrast but fits the dark theme. I chose standard blue as accent color (not blue but standard blue, which is slightly lighter). I deactivated displaying the accent color in start menu and task bar, and activated it for displaying window titles and borders (both in the color setup of the Windows personalization settings). This makes it all in all a nice dark appearance of my Windows system in general with good contrast for which the accent color is used.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thanks for the tips Tertius3! 🙂

-Dave