Login popup even when already logged in?

Options

There are a few sites that I go to and it always pops up a dialog offering to log me in when I am already logged in (so no login dialog is on the page).
This happens all the time for me on teslamotorclub.com for example.

Feels like a bug to me...

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: MacOS & WIndows 11
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hey @ScottChapman,

Can you send over a screenshot of the dialog you are seeing so I can fully understand? Please be mindful to hide any personal information before sending this over.

Thanks!

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member
    Options

Yea, it occurred to me that would have been useful! ;-)

So, it now isn't happening any more (at least on my windows machine). It does still happen on my Mac though:

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member
    Options

...And for the record that popup comes up EVERY time the page is loaded...

• Thank you for getting back to me @ScottChapman, I was able to reproduce the behaviour you are describing and have filed an issue with our development team to see if we can improve the behaviour on this page in a future update.

I'm sorry for the disruption, let us know if there's anything we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#24040

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, for the record, it started happening again on my windows machine (which seems odd since it seemed to be OK for like a day).

• Thanks for the update @ScottChapman

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing happens on atomtickets.com

• Thanks for getting back to us @ScottChapman, I am unable to access the website you have sent across can you confirm if the URL is correct? Are you able to send over a screenshot demonstrating the behaviour?

Thank you!

• @ScottChapman I'm also unable to access the website in question. Can you collect some page details and send them to us via email?

1. On the page exhibiting the behaviour, right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    2. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    3. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    4. Attach the downloaded .json file to the email.

Also, if possible, can you provide a screenshot demonstrating the behaviour?

Please address the email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. We look forward to hearing from you!

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

sent (#JIF-76924-387). Here is what the page looks like

• MaxA
    MaxA
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have the same problem with portal.azure.com. The popup keeps coming back, even after dismissing.

• Hey @MaxA,

I can confirm it is a known issue we're working on to relate Azure and Microsoft together to prevent the "Sign in with..." notification from appearing.

I have added your feedback on the tracking list and I'm sorry about the inconvenience it caused.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

ref: dev/core/core#18917

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member
    Options

By any chance was 2.15.1 intended to fix this problem?

• @ScottChapman

The issue remains open on our end.

• natechien
    natechien
    Community Member
    edited March 7
    Options

This issue persists in 1Password 8 for Mac when logged into Microsoft accounts in sharepoint. Please fix this is super annoying behavior.

1Password 8.10.27
    Extension Version 2.21.0
    MacOS Sonoma 14.3
    Brave Browser Version 1.63.165 (shields down)

• Dave_1P
    Options

@natechien

Thank you for reporting that the issue is occurring on SharePoint, our developers are looking into this. I'm sorry for the frustration.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19465

• mrclrchtr
    mrclrchtr
    Community Member
    Options

This also happens on medium.com sometimes..

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @mrclrchtr, thank you for writing in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

I created an account on medium.com for testing, but I couldn't recreate the problem. I understand that the issue is intermittent. If you encounter this issue, I'd like to request that you send us the website URL along with a screenshot of the webpage. Please do not share any sensitive information in the screenshot.

I look forward to hearing back.

-Evon