Adding a second OTP purges existing one

Options
svgh
svgh
Community Member

Hi,
I'm transferring my accounts step by step to 1password. Now I'm facing an issue with the windows app i like to ask, if someone can confirm the issue.

I work for different customers and have multiple accounts. So i create a new Item of type Login and call it "Customer A". Add credentials, a website and a OTP. Saved this and i'm done. Till this point, everything seems normal.

Now i have received a second account for different purposes like VPN and it requires also a OTP. For this i edit the "Customer A" and add a section "VPN Account", add a text for the username, a password and another OTP field.

I would expect to have a second OTP field, but its replacing the first one instead of adding a second one. Adding a OTP field again, results in the expected behavior, but i need to backup and set the secret for the first one to avoid loosing it.
Finally i have the expected result, but dropping the first OTP while adding a second one, is a bit annoying. Looks like a small bug.

Can anyone confirm the behavior?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @svgh! 👋

Thank you for the detailed report! I confirm that I'm not only able to reproduce the same behaviour on my own system, but that our developers are already tracking this issue internally. I've added your notes to our internal tracking item for the issue so that our developers are aware.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, when the issue is resolved you'll see it noted in the release notes.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23237