How to save simple data form fields for later auto-fill?

Options

In LastPass I used to have some form fields filled automatically by the extension in a certain website. Data included name, address, cost center, etc, no login nor password.
How to achieve the same with 1password? The only available option is to save a Login, not a generic form.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fill form

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zenluiz! 1Password does have Identity items that make it possible to save and fill your name, address, email address, and other identity-related data. Here's a little more about what Identity items are and what they can do: https://support.1password.com/item-categories/#identity

We have a guide on how to save and fill Identity items (as well as credit card items) here: https://support.1password.com/credit-card-address-filling/

Does that help? If you have any other questions, please let us know.

• zenluiz
    zenluiz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P, thanks for answering.
    Although the Identity would work, I think it doesn't make much sense to use it in generic cases. It would be great to have a "Generic saver and filler" category to be used whenever the other, more specific ones, don't fit. As far as I can see in the link you sent, currently the only "filler" categories are Login and Identity, right?
    Thanks

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again, @zenluiz!

Although the Identity would work, I think it doesn't make much sense to use it in generic cases. It would be great to have a "Generic saver and filler" category to be used whenever the other, more specific ones, don't fit.

Could you provide some examples of more generic data that you want 1Password to save and fill?

I did notice that you had previously mentioned name and address fields, which are included in Identities. Could you tell me more about cost center related fields?

As far as I can see in the link you sent, currently the only "filler" categories are Login and Identity, right?

It may be technically possible to get 1Password to fill a variety of fields on a form but that is largely dependent on how the form is coded. Additionally, while 1Password may be able to fill a variety of fields, it may not make sense to have 1Password fill those fields. If you can point us to a specific form, we can take a look and let you know what we'd recommend.

The link that I sent was specific to the name and address fields that you had mentioned in your original post. If you can provide some examples of other fields you want 1Password to fill, I'll let you know if it's possible. If you can share a specific form with me, that's even better.

• zenluiz
    zenluiz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again :) This is the one I am looking to fill, initially: https://voam.com.br/reembolso
    Fields:
    Employee name, employee ID, phone, dependent name, kinship degree, cost center, building, amount paid, today's date.
    You see, it's several different things, very generic, nothing to do with Identity, nor Login.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@zenluiz

In that case, you'll be able to use 1Password to save additional fields which it can then autofill. Fill in the form as you'd like it, then right-click 1Password in the browser toolbar and click Save Login. Choose to update your existing item for that site.

Then, the next time you visit that page, that same information can be autofilled again.

Full instructions on how this works are here: Save and fill passwords in your browser – If you need to save additional fields on a website

Hope that helps!

• zenluiz
    zenluiz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @GreyM1P. Thanks, your suggestion works, but for some reason, not for saving the login fields for the website I wanted (https://voam.com.br/reembolso). I mean, it is currently working/filling the form because I managed to manually create a Login item and used the field names discovered by LastPass.
    And I tried in some other random form and it worked both the Save Login button and later the Fill option.
    What could it be that the form I am trying to save for fill does not work (it only displays the fields user and password in the Save Login popup.
    Thanks

• Hey @zenluiz,

I have taken a look at this page and although it may be possible to manually add the fields by giving them the correct labels, the save login pop up doesn't capture the fields as technically it is not a login form.

The type of information you are looking to save would belong in an Identity item in 1Password and these are not website specific therefore 1Password doesn't offer to capture these details and save them against a specific website when you use the 'Save login' feature.

I hope this makes sense, let us know if you have any questions.

• zenluiz
    zenluiz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles, I get it. For me it doesn't make much sense, I still think there could be a functionality to save generic form fields. But, anyway, I managed to workaround this case by using a Login type entry.
    Thanks

• Understood @zenluiz.

I have put in a request with our product team along with your feedback to see if this is something w can implement in a future update.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password.

ref: PB33542057

• BBBB
    BBBB
    Community Member
    Options

This is a feature that Roboform has been doing flawlessly for over 15 years. And one that I continue to find lacking in 1Password.
    I would much rather 1Password capture all the info on a registration/login page, than realize later that something was missed.
    Please add the option or command to "Save (entire) Form"

• Hey @BBBB,

Thank you for your suggestion, I have put in a request with our product team on your behalf to look to see if we can add a 'Save entire form' option in future.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: 35844835

• BBBB
    BBBB
    Community Member
    Options

Any progress on this feature?

One simple example: https://atlas-myrmv.massdot.state.ma.us/myrmv/_/#0 then click "Access My Profile"
    This is the 'Login' page for Mass RMV profiles and it asks for:
    Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY) :
    Last Name :
    License, Permit or ID Number :
    Last Four of SSN :
    The next page is a TFA/OTP.

1Password does not capture anything from that page.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @BBBB, thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry to say that I don't have any updates to share regarding this feature.

For that specific website, I was able to add custom fields in the Login item to match the labels and used 1Password in the browser to autofill. Here's how:

1. Open and unlock 1Password, locate your Login item and click "Edit".
    2. Click "+ add more" and select "Text".
    3. Edit the title to match one of the labels Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY), and then enter your details below it in this format "Jan-01-1990".
    4. Repeat steps 2-3 for the remainder of the fields with the following titles:
      • License, Permit or ID Number
      • Last Name
      • Last Four of SSN
    5. Click "Save".

Once that's done, navigate to the website, click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click the "Autofill" button on your Login item. I attached a short video to this reply demonstrating this.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

-Evon

• BBBB
    BBBB
    Community Member
    Options

Possible but not really easy.

I came across this suggestion: https://1password.community/discussion/139703/quick-access-and-combining-password-items for having items that combine both login and other info. I think this is a good direction.

Instead of 22 different new item templates, maybe there should be a easier to use way to capture and organizer info that can then be filled as needed?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BBBB

Thank you for the suggestion! As my colleague mentioned, you can already add custom fields to any item in order to save the information that you need: Customize your 1Password items

While I can't make any promises, I do agree that an option to save all form information on a page would be useful and that feedback has been passed along to the appropriate team internally.

Thank you for helping us make 1Password better. 😊

-Dave

ref: PB-35844835