Is there a way to have multiple email addresses associated with my identity, for form fills?

Options
Community Member
edited April 8 in 1Password in the Browser

When I'm filling out forms online and use my 1P identity, I often don't want the email that is also my primary 1P email. I'd like to have an option to pick from others that I have. Right now I have to edit the address that 1P puts in, manually. Would be cool if there was a way 1P could pop up several addresses for me to pick from. thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You can have separate identities and choose between them.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Topo! 👋

@danco is correct (thank you for the help!), you can have multiple identity items with each one containing a different email address so that you see multiple suggestions when filling forms.

In the 1Password app follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    2. Select New Item.
    3. Select "Identity".
    4. Fill in the fields and then Save the new Identity item.

You can also set a default identity item if you wish: Choose your default identity and credit card items

-Dave

Community Member
    edited April 9
    Options

Cool..thanks, I'll give it a try. I guess I would have to designate each new identity with a number after my name, so I could tell which was which as I make a selection for filling forms.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Whatever works best for you. A number after the name, home and work, household and entertainment, or whatever naming suits your use.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Topo

I usually title my identity items with something simple and descriptive, for example:

• Work identity
    • Personal identity

You can also label them according to use if you're using something like masked email aliases for different purposes. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

-Dave