IOS app prompts for password regularly

Options
RarityMonk
RarityMonk
Community Member
edited April 12 in iOS

Hello - recently I've noticed my 1Pw app on IOS prompts a lot more frequently for me to sign in with my master password when using it to sign in on one of the websites I have listed within it.

I know the app will prompt me to re-authenticate with my master password every 2 weeks, but this is happening a lot more frequently than that (although not on every occasion).

I've checked my settings which have face ID enabled, require password set to every 2 weeks, and auto-lock on exit set to 10 mins.

Has anyone else experienced this and identified a solution? Would someone from 1Pw be able to help?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 1
    Options

Hello @RarityMonk! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted to unlock 1Password using your account password more often than expected. As a start, I recommend that you update to the latest version of 1Password (8.10.28): How to keep 1Password up to date

Then try these steps:

1. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    2. Open the main 1Password app from your home screen. Enter your account password to unlock the app.
    3. Try to fill a login using iOS AutoFill: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

Do you see a prompt to unlock 1Password using Face ID? Or are you forced to enter your account password? The next time that you only see the option to unlock 1Password using your account password, so that I can better understand the situation, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• RarityMonk
    RarityMonk
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - I experienced this issue again recently and have identified a pattern that I hadn't previously noticed: if I get the request to manually sign into 1Password and then dismiss the sign-in screen and start again with authentication, it accepts Face ID the second time.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 10
    Options

@RarityMonk

Thank you for the additional information. So that I can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• RarityMonk
    RarityMonk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P

Support ID is QBJ-65357-828

• Dave_1P
    Options

@RarityMonk

Thank you for posting the Support ID! I see the my colleague has already sent you a reply, please continue the conversation over email.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: QBJ-65357-828

This discussion has been closed.