Vision Pro - keep having to unlock 1password

Options
dmoor
dmoor
Community Member
edited February 16 in iOS

Is there a way to use 1password on the Vision Pro without having to unlock it each time you use it to fill in a password? I tried keeping the app open but it didn't seem to make any difference.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dmoor! 👋

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Vision Pro! The 1Password app that is available to be installed on the Vision Pro is our iPad app running in a special compatibility mode.

I don't have a Vision Pro myself but 1Password uses the same AutoFill system, built into visionOS, that it uses on iOS devices. AutoFill requires that you unlock 1Password each time that you save or fill a login. You can read more about using 1Password with AutoFill here: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

Alternatively, the browser extension for Safari doesn't require unlocking each time that you use it but it's only available in Safari and not other apps: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

PS: I know that visionOS 1.0.3 has resolved certain issues surrounding unlocking with OpticID and I recommend that you update if you haven't already: Update visionOS - Apple Support (CA)

• dmoor
    dmoor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Hopefully VP will be available in Canada shortly.

I did install the browser extension (Settings/Apps/Safari/Extensions) went to 1 website unlocked 1password to fill the password. Went to another site still had to enter in the password.

• @dmoor

It may well be worth taking a look at this with you by email. Send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• dmoor
    dmoor
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay in responding. Just saw this email.

It is working now.

1. Opens and authenticates with eye authentication
    2. Fills passwords when hit "password" on the top of the keyboard

Only drawback is that there is no way on the VP to have 1Password launch on startup. You have to do it manually

Thanks for responding!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@dmoor – Great to hear things are working as expected now!

there is no way on the VP to have 1Password launch on startup

Yes, visionOS seems to be a much closer cousin to iPadOS than macOS, and doesn't support login items so that does look to be the case.

We'll be here if you need anything at any time. :)