[Bug] Can't unlock with biometrics after app autolocks on exit

Options
msaladino
msaladino
Community Member
edited April 12 in Android

I'm using 1Password for Android 14 version 8.10.28 (81028034). When the app auto locks on exit after my chosen time and I reopen the app, it asks me for my password, even thought I have biometric unlock enabled and 'require password: never' set under Settings --> Security.

After reopening the app, on the screen where I need to reenter my password, there is an icon that looks like a fingerprint. I'm assuming that when I click this icon the intended result is for the app to ask me for my fingerprint to unlock it instead of using my password, but instead nothing happens except the on-screen keyboard minimizes.

I have tried pausing biometrics until my password is reentered, as well as disabling and re-enabling biometrics, but neither fixed the issue.

Note that when I'm in an app/webpage that asks for a password and I click inside the username or password field, the option to open 1password shows up above my on-screen keyboard. When I click this, my biometric unlock works as intended.

Is this auto-lock on exit behavior a known bug? And if so, is there an ETA on a fix? It's been present for me for many months (6+).

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• msaladino
    msaladino
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to the most recent beta for Android version 8.10.30 (81030028) and the issue seems to be resolved? I can't seem to replicate this behavior. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

• msaladino
    msaladino
    Community Member
    Options

Edit: the issue still persists in the beta version

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @msaladino! šŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that biometric unlocking working with the 1Password app on your Android device. Our developers are investigating a biometric unlock issue that might be related to your situation and I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26838

• msaladino
    msaladino
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. My support ID is DYM-44393-546

• Dave_1P
    Options

@msaladino

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that an investigation into the issue has already been started by my colleague. Please continue the conversation over email.

To prevent duplications of effort, I'm closing this thread. šŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: DYM-44393-546

This discussion has been closed.