Cannot Edit Item on iPadOS

Options
rckingsley
rckingsley
Community Member

Yesterday, I downloaded/installed 1Password on one of my client's iPad, and was able to get to all of the clients 1Password entries and such. However, when I attempted to edit an item (on the iPad), although it 'seemed' to go into some sort of Edit mode (it did say Editing at the top), it also displayed 'Edit' (with a small pencil icon beside it) just to the right of where it said 'Editing', and tapping on that 'Edit' didn't do anything.

More importantly, after initially tapping 'Edit' (to attempt to update the item), I was unable to actually change any of the item contents. For example, if (after tapping Edit) I tapped the password field, instead of showing me the contents of the field and giving me an option to create a new password), it just displayed 'Copied' - as though I was 'not' in edit mode.

This situation happened with other items on the iPad, but we were able to edit the entries on the Mac without any issue.

I was going to send a picture of the screen, but can't figure out how (in macOS Preview) to 'shade out' all of the lines that have the client's name and such.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iPadOS 17.4
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 12
    Options

Hello @rckingsley! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into editing issues on your client's iPad. I can confirm that this is a known issue that our developers are investigating. So far all of the reports that I've seen have occurred with iPads running iPadOS 16, can you tell me if that's the version that your client's iPad was running too?

While our developers work on a fix, is it possible for your client to update their iPad to iPadOS 17? Or is iPadOS 16 the latest that their iPad will support?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28213

• rckingsley
    rckingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Upgrading their iPad to IOS 17 fixed it - thanks! They had not used the iPad in many months, and I just never thought about that.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@rckingsley

I'm happy that updating to iPadOS 17 fixed the issue. 🙂

-Dave