My edits to items on my 1P Mac app aren't reflected in Safari's 1P extension

Options
Community Member

I had to reset a password for a site, then edited that info in the item within my Mac's 1P app, but when the 1P Safari extension populated the user name and password, it's still the old one. Doesn't everything sync? I thought a change on any of my devices would trigger a sync on the others? Am I wrong? thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 14
Browser: Safari

Comments

Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: It appears that there's a lag and/or some process that happens before the updated information shows up synced in all the other devices. Once I quit my MacBook Pro 1P app, and restarted it, the Safari extension showed the updated info and was synced.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Topo! 👋

I'm sorry that there was a delay before you saw information making it from the desktop app to 1Password for Safari. Usually edited information should show up immediately everywhere that you're using 1Password so this definitely doesn't sound right.

Are you able to reproduce the issue again? If you are then can you tell me, when you don't see the edited information in 1Password for Safari, are you able to see it when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

This will tell me where the delay is occurring so that I can dig deeper. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave