I can't use passwords from the email accounts category

Options
cubitoteatro0u
cubitoteatro0u
Community Member

When I want to use the passwords from the email accounts category on a web page, they do not appear, only the passwords from the login category are visible.
In order to do this I have to leave the website and go directly to the 1password app and search for the email accounts category.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @cubitoteatro0u! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. You won't see suggestions for passwords stored in email account items but I can see how that would be useful and I've passed your post along to the team internally.

If you're just trying to save your username and password for your email account then I suggest that you use a login item. Login items are meant to store login information and 1Password uses login items to suggest your credentials when you go to sign into a website.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

ref: PB-39283220

• cubitoteatro0u
    cubitoteatro0u
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response Dave, but I not only use the username and password for the email account, but also for other services, otherwise I would have already used the option you mention, my comment was to see if future versions could include it or is it for security reasons?

• Dave_1P
    edited April 15
    Options

@cubitoteatro0u

Thanks for the reply. I don't recommend reusing the same username and password for multiple websites/services since that can make you vulnerable to password reuse attacks (one of the main things that password managers are designed to prevent): Password Reuse Attack: What It Is And How To Protect Yourself

Ideally, every single website and service that you use should have a completely unique password generated by 1Password.

my comment was to see if future versions could include it or is it for security reasons?

While I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request on your behalf to have the team look into including email account item in login suggestion in the future. Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-39283220