Autofill isn't working and continually prompted for account password

Options

Comments

• DomLip94
    DomLip94
    Community Member
    edited April 14
    Options

I am still seeing this, a month after it was first reported.
    A lot about 1Password feels like it's just not ready which is worrying considering it is a password manager.

I'm going to guess growing pains from the influx of users from LastPass.

-This
    -Sometimes the autofill/auto create password not showing up
    -Needing to re log-in every 2 weeks which would lead to people using much weaker/easier to remember passwords

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @DomLip94! 👋

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry for the noise in the console log, our development team is currently testing a fix in a nightly version of 1Password and hopefully the fix will be released to the beta and stable versions soon.

I've split your post into a new thread so that we can discuss the other two issues separately. I'll reply below:

Sometimes the autofill/auto create password not showing up

Can you tell me a little more about the circumstances when this occurs? Does it happen on specific websites? What browser are you using? Can you still open the 1Password pop up from the browser's toolbar when this happens?

Needing to re log-in every 2 weeks which would lead to people using much weaker/easier to remember passwords

You can choose to be prompted for your account password less often, follow these steps:

1. Open and the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.
    3. Choose Settings and then Security.
    4. Change "Require password" to the desired value.

Let me know how that goes. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28962