Windows bullying to use its password management not 1Password

Options
MilennialZero
MilennialZero
Community Member

I'm using Windows 11. I want to exclusively use ONLY 1Password to manage ALL my passwords on both iOS and Windows. But Windows keeps nudging me to use it's password management. My question: how do I set Windows to do what I want? Where is the setting to allow me to tell Windows to always use 1Password and to stop bothering me with marketing prompts to use their solution?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @MilennialZero! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing conflicting prompts from Windows when trying to use 1Password. Try the steps in our guide to turn off the built-in password manager:

If that still doesn't work then can you post a screenshot of the prompt that you're seeing? Can you also clarify where you're seeing the prompt? In your browser? Or inside of another app?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• MilennialZero
    MilennialZero
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave - that helped. Microsoft and Google are intentionally making it confusing so you end up using their “password management” feature without knowing that it’s not 1Password.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @MilennialZero! On behalf of my colleague Dave, you're very welcome, and thanks for letting us know that this information helped.

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach back out 😄