Sharing Outside the Organization

Options
Twitch76
Twitch76
Community Member

So I am a fairly recent convert from LastPass. I love everything about 1pass over lastpass with one exception. My company is a contract software engineering company. When we develop software and help our clients deploy it there are often many passwords and other secret type information that goes with it.. Often we talk our customers into creating a 1password account for their organization to house that information. The problem comes with sharing.. Both my company and theirs need access to the user/pass information for the product. Even though it sucked at almost everything else, Last pass got one thing right and would allow me to create a "Shared Folder" and share that folder with other last password users in or outside our organization, without time limitations, and it would allow me to determine what level of access they had to the objects contained. Since converting this has been quite problematic for us not having this feature. I have seen in the forum at least one other person bring this up, and later comments thought that was a great request. However, that was in 2021, and as far as I can tell we still cannot share a vault outside the organization (unless I am missing something). Is this feature already in the backlog? Is it something that will happen?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Twitch76! 👋

I'm happy that you're with us! The best way to have your clients share passwords with you is by inviting them to your account as a guest:

As a guest they will only have access to a single vault at a time and won't have their own Private vault. 1Password Teams includes 5 guests and 1Password Business includes 20 guests at no additional cost.

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave