Feature Request: Indicate which profile is being used in Chrome extension

Options
beer052420
beer052420
Community Member
edited March 18 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a 1Password Families account with two profiles, and I occasionally switch between the two profiles. Both profiles have a "Private" vault, and it's not possible to change the name of that vault.

Whenever I open up the Chrome browser extension drop-down, it shows me what account and what vault within that account I'm viewing. However, when the vault is the "Private" vault, I don't know which profile's Private vault I'm looking at. And there's no other obvious indications of which profile I'm logged into.

It would be very helpful if the browser extension made it clear and obvious which profile was being used, in addition to which account and vault. This is especially important since not all vaults are shared between profiles within an account.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @beer052420, thank you for writing in and sharing your feedback.

I understand there isn't a quick way to know which Families account is signed in on a single browser profile. Just to confirm, are you referring to the All Accounts section in 1Password in the browser? Open the 1Password extension pop-over, and click the 1Password logo to the left of the search field.

Once I get more information, I'll be happy to submit this as a feature request to the team.

I look forward to your reply.

-Evon

• beer052420
    beer052420
    Community Member
    Options

There are two places in the browser where it's not clear.

1. The main pop-up when you open the extension

1. The All Accounts section when you click on the 1Password logo after opening the browser extension

I can't tell which profile the Private vault belongs to in either place.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @beer052420, thanks for getting back to me.

I've created a feature request on your behalf for our product team. In the meantime, navigate to the Accounts & vaults section in the 1Password extension settings page to see which account is signed in.

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. Click the Accounts & vaults section.

Alternatively, I can suggest creating a Secure Note (or any other item) in the private vault, identifying which account it belongs to and setting it as a favourite. The next time you open the 1Password extension pop-over, select "Favorites" to see the item.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Evon

ref: PB-39306315

• beer052420
    beer052420
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thanks. That's a helpful suggestion!

• @beer052420, on behalf of Evon, you are most welcome!