Touch ID and Watch unlock greyed out - but works elsewhere

Options
FrisbeeBen
FrisbeeBen
Community Member

I'm unable to enable Touch ID unlock and/or Watch unlock in the 1Password settings, despite both being set up on my Mac, and working fine (to unlock the mac). I've tried fully restarting my mac, which didn't help. I've tried going into my mac system settings and disbling all touch/watch security features, followed by re-enabling them - that didn't help either.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Browser: Firefox Developer Edition

Comments

• FrisbeeBen
    FrisbeeBen
    Community Member
    Options

I've submitted diagnsotics, and my support number is RUM-17294-284

• FrisbeeBen
    FrisbeeBen
    Community Member
    Options

After some useful troubleshooting from Jac P via email support, a reset of 1Password via the advanced menu, followed by a fresh sign in of my 1Password account, fixed the isssue.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @FrisbeeBen! 👋

I'm happy that Jac was able to help you resolve the issue, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for sharing the solution with the community. 💙

-Dave

ref: RUM-17294-284

• FrisbeeBen
    FrisbeeBen
    Community Member
    Options

No worries. If I may - it's a bit frustrating when an option is greyed out with no indication why, or how to enable it!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@FrisbeeBen

I agree, 1Password could provide a better indication on what to do to resolve the situation without you having to reach out to our support team. I've passed along your feedback to the team and hopefully this is something that can be improved in the future. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#25826