1Password for Safari isn’t filling forms properly on certain websites

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Autofill doesn't work on some sites.

Comments

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    edited March 19
    Options

I am actually finding the auto fill brains of 1Password doesn’t seem to be particularly accurate when filling in forms - often posting the wrong data into fields or straight out not working. Swapping back to Apple AutoFill and that seems to work fine on the exact same forms/sites.

• eli.s_1P
    Options

Hello @gussic

I have gone ahead and created a new thread with the issue you described, so I can work directly with you to resolve the problem.

I would also like to apologize for the behavior you are seeing with 1Password for Safari on your iOS device. To better assist you, could provide me with a few examples of websites from your device, and what you are seeing when you try to use 1Password on those websites?

I look forward to hearing from you so I can investigate further with you.

-Eli

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @eli.s_1P

JetBrains is a good example - the form filling there ended up filling my OneTime code in the field that was for the 'new password' so ended up locking me out of the account lol.

In terms of other examples to be honest without sounding obtuse it's most web forms - the main issues I see are with credit card filling (often stuffs up the expiry date and CCV) also has issues with address filling for a lot of Australian websites (the address format is different here to a typical American/Canadian/EU one)

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gussic

Thanks for the reply. I signed up for an account on jetbrains.com and I'm not able to reproduce the issue using 1Password for Safari on my own iPhone. If I enable two-factor authentication and then change my password for jetbrains.com using 1Password for Safari everything is filled in correctly.

Are you still able to reproduce the issue on your own iPhone? If you are then can you generate a screen recording and send it to support+forum@1Password.com with a link to this thread? You'll receive a Support ID from the auto-reply, please post that here. 🙂

the main issues I see are with credit card filling (often stuffs up the expiry date and CCV) also has issues with address filling for a lot of Australian websites (the address format is different here to a typical American/Canadian/EU one)

If you can provide links to the pages where the filling issues occur then I can investigate those as well. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave