Chrome extension doesn't autosubmit forms after autofill

Options
prox
prox
Community Member
edited April 17 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I've noticed that form submit doesn't work properly after autofill for me in Chrome. When I try to autofill any form in Chrome using shortcut Command+/ (on Mac) then the field will just pop up in the form and submit action won't happen.

I've noticed when I disable integration between extension and 1Password app then autofill + submit works properly. By disabled integration I mean 2 ways:

• Chrome 1Password extension settings > General > Disable Integrate this extension ...
  • 1Password app > Settings > Browser > Disable Connect with 1Password in the browser

Best,
Olek

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Chrome 124

Comments

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

Oh I was checking beta channel of the chrome extension and by good surprise actually this feature will be part of the next beta release πŸ™Œ
    1Password browser extension version 2.23.0

Do you know when 2.23.0 will make it to the stable release?

Best,
    Olek

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @prox! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that autosubmit isn't working when filling your login. I can reproduce this issue on my Mac as well and I see that we have an internal issue open to investigate why Universal Autofill's autosubmit feature isn't working when app integration is turned on for the browser extension. I've added your report there.

As you noted, we're currently testing an autosubmit feature in the beta version of 1Password in the browser. The goal is to have the standard browser experience behave closer to Universal Autofill.

I don't have an ETA on when autosubmit will make it to the stable version but keep your eyes on our release notes for that announcement. And, if you're trying the beta version, let me know how your experience with the new feature goes. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26431
    ref: dev/core/core#28944

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P ,

Thanks for the update and hopefully the issue with integration turned on will be fixed soon. Meanwhile I will be using chrome beta extension, it works perfectly good for me.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@prox

Thank again for reporting the issue! πŸ™‚

-Dave