πŸͺ²BUG - result banner for search cannot be closed

Options
Ronso
Ronso
Community Member
edited February 26 in Windows

I found a bug that exists for some time.

I have several vault collections.

When I search for objects in a vault and the result is displayed, I then change the collection, closing it using the x-button no longer works.

This can be replicated as often as you like.

The same thing happens, when you search for an object > edit > cancel > try closing result banner...

I can imagine that there are more scenarios where this behavior appears.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• jpit
    jpit
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. I'm a new user of the product, so I wasn't sure how long this bug had existed for.

• Ronso
    Ronso
    Community Member
    Options

Any comments from staff?

• mike99
    mike99
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I'm a long-time user of a personal 1Password account, but the company I work for has just purchased an Enterprise license so I now have 2 Accounts set up on my 1Password desktop app (1Password for Windows 8.10.26, 81026039 on PRODUCTION channel).

I've noticed a small bug when switching between accounts where the [X] button in the search results becomes disabled when you switch accounts, which means you can't clear the filter and return to the "all items" list.

To reproduce:

• in Account A, enter a search term into in the "Search in Account A" bar and select "Show all matching items"

• switch to Account B and try to click the [X] in the lilac search results banner where it says x results for "...".

At this point there are two odd things:

• Clicking the [X] button in the lilac header does nothing - the search results aren't cleared.

• You can still perform new searches, and clicking the [X] will clear those results, but it reverts back to the original search term and the [X] still doesn't work.

It's like the "all items" panel gets replaced with the search results from the original Account A search, and that now gets shown instead whenever the "all items" panel should be shown.

Switching back to Account A doesn't help and the only way to get back to the "all items" list is to close and re-open 1Password.

It's not a major inconvenience, but it's a nice-to-have-fixed...

Cheers,

M

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• Dave_1P
    edited March 1
    Options

Hello @Ronso, @jpit, and @mike99! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for reporting the issue. I can confirm that I can reproduce this issue and that our developers are investigating. I've added your notes to our internal tracking item for the issue so that our developers are aware. Hopefully we can get this fixed with a future update. I'm sorry for the frustration that the bug has caused.

While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to when we'll be able to resolve this issue, please keep an eye on our release notes to be made aware of when a fix is included in a future update: 1Password Releases

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24235

• Ronso
    Ronso
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P
    thanks for transferring to the devs and feedback πŸ‘

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thanks again for reporting the issue. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Ronso
    Ronso
    Community Member
    Options

So today I received version 8.10.28 for Windows.

Update note

I tested this and this bug is solved πŸ‘

Unfortunately it still hasn't fixed the issue from the main post and is still replicable. πŸ˜•

"When I search for objects in a vault and the result is displayed, I then change the collection, closing it using the x-button no longer works."

Can you please make sure the issue has been addressed correctly and the devs are made aware of it?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Ronso

Thank you for the follow up. The release note that you quoted is for a different issue, not the one that you reported in this thread.

For the issue that you reported, where the result banner for "Show all matching items" can't be cleared after switching accounts or collections, the team is currently testing a fix in the latest nightly version of 1Password. If testing goes well in the nightly version then the fix will be released as an update to the beta and then the stable versions as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Ronso
    Ronso
    Community Member
    Options

Aw cool - that's great.
    Thanks for info and update πŸ‘

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thanks for following up! Hopefully a fix will be released to the stable version soon. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Ronso
    Ronso
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to let you know that the bug has been fixed with version 8.10.30. It now works as it should. Thank you very much for forwarding and fixing the problem. Best regards to the team.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Ronso! It's great to hear that this issue is resolved for you on the latest version - thanks for letting us know πŸ˜„