Buggy Experience When Rearranging Fields & Sections

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited January 23 in iOS

This might be a familiar issue, but the rearrange feature for fields/sections is buggy and glitchy:

1) I’m only able to rearrange one field at a time. (If I try to rearrange/organize multiple fields, only one of them gets saved. I have to go one-by-one, saving each time I arrange an individual field.)

2) When trying to rearrange a field above or below, the scrolling is slow and glitchy — it makes it harder to move a field around in an item with many fields and/or sections.

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.24 81024030, on BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.3
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 23
    Options

@nimvio

It sounds like you may not have your items segmented in sections? If I try to rearrange a section all sub fields move accordingly. Can you clarify?

To be clear in my testing you tap (and hold) on the grab lines (hamburger menu? I like grab bars better haha) beside the section title, all sub sections appear to slide in behind it. Once you complete your rearrange then the fields expand below the section title. I am using an iPhone 15. I'm curious if this may be an older device.

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy, thanks for the reply. No, I have my fields organized in sections. But one of the most notable issues I experience (when rearranging) is that it only saves the rearrangement of one field. So, if I re-order multiple fields, it doesn’t save them. I have to do it one-by-one, saving each time. And less common, although still important, is the bugginess of moving fields around when there’s a lot to scroll through. Hopefully that makes some sense. Thanks!

• ag_tommy
    edited January 23
    Options

@nimvio

I tried with multiple fields (6) and dragging is smooth for me. Just to be clear, you're dragging the section title? Then dropping it above another section title or have I misunderstood?

Scratch that. It's me. I was able to reproduce this. I'll bring it before the team. Thanks for the report. I've got enough to create a video to ensure they can follow along.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 23
    Options

@nimvio

I also wanted to say thanks. While trying to reproduce your issue I found another odd one. I've also filed that one. Nicely done.

ref: dev/core/core#17369
    ref: dev/core/core#24275
    ref: dev/core/core#26573

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    edited March 7
    Options

I am having this issue as well. In addition to that, when I rearranged fields and then save it (and consequently exit “edit mode”) it seems that the fields are suddenly rearranged again differently. Can you also reproduce that?

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    Options

I am running: 1Password for iOS 8.10.26 81026039, im Kanal „PRODUCTION“

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh

Thank you for the report. We do have an issue open where, when reordering multiple fields at once, only the last move is saved. Is that happening for you? Or does the reordering not get saved even if you only move one field once?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm this if I try to rearrange multiple items. I habe also noticed that sometimes (e.g. when moving multiple items within one section and saving non of the the multiple items that have been moved changed their order after saving, not even the last one).

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    edited March 8
    Options

This seems to be a real showstopper bug, in addition to the bug in edit mode that opens a completely different item. Currently the usability of the 1Password App on iOS is heavily impacted. Sorry, if this is too direct, but it almost seams as if there is no QA before releasing a new version. I almost immediately find a bug or inconsistency when interacting with the app after it got updated. This is quite frustrating. I appreciate that the focus this year is on usability and UX (as per the blog post) - and this is really needed! Thank you for your support and quick answers in the forum. The great customer support is really what sets 1Password apart from a lot of companies. I hope that in the future the app is also less buggy.

• Thank you for the kind words about 1Password support, @nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh!

I can confirm that you're encountering a known issue that our development team is working on. I've let them know about your experience, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

When it comes to QA, 1Password updates are rigorously tested before being released. We have a multi-stage release process where changes are first introduced into an internal nightly version of 1Password for iOS. These changes will then make their way into the public beta and eventually to the public production release. The testing process is designed to catch bugs like this before they make it into the production version, but you’re right that this is an example of that process failing. Our team is working to improve the process so that we avoid issues like this in the future.

I appreciate that you’ve taken the time to report the issue to us here on the forum. Your reports help us to get the issue in front of our development team so that they can be prioritized and fixed as soon as possible. I can confirm that a developer is actively working on this issue and we hope to have a fix released in a future update as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience while the team works on a fix. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

-David

ref: dev/core/core#26573

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    Options

Update to 1Password 8.10.30 from April 17 2024:

We've fixed an issue where item fields could get stuck when you reordered them.

Wanted to give feedback that this did not resolve the issue I am experiencing when reordering multiple fields within an item.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh

It looks like this was a different issue than the one that you're running into. The tracking number for the issue filed for the behaviour that you're seeing is 26573 which is still open with our development team.

I'm sorry that a fix isn't available yet.

-Dave