1Password icon remains in Dock after login or restart [Known Issue]

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9
Community Member
edited April 19 in Mac

This is a new behaviour ?

It will only disappear from the dock after I open 1Password, unlock it and close its window

This should not be, I have the Finder's 1P menu item and the one in Safari, I do not need neitehr want to see that icon in the Dock forcing me to act on it (unlock and open and close) to make it disappear

Not usefull at all

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 17
    Options

Hello @Gilles9! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue, this definitely doesn't look right. I can reproduce this behaviour myself and I've filed an internal work item to have our developers look into this further.

While I can't provide an ETA on when this will be fixed, it's now on our developers list of issues to investigate. You'll see a note in our release notes when the issue is resolved.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#29109

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thanks again for reporting the issue! 🙂

-Dave

• migrant
    migrant
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. At first I thought there is something wrong with my computer so I reset 1Password, uninstall and re-install 1Passowrd. Unfortunately, nothing works.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@migrant

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. An issue has been filed with our development team to have them investigate this further and release a fix.

As a temporarily workaround, after you restart your Mac, you can open and then close the 1Password window in order to dismiss the icon.

-Dave

• 1Pemikaadeo
    1Pemikaadeo
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here.
    1Password 8.10.30
    macOS 14.4.1

• Dave_1P
    edited April 19
    Options

@1Pemikaadeo

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue that our developers are aware of, hopefully it will be resolved in a future update soon. I'm sorry for the impact to your workflow.

For now, you can open and then close 1Password's main window after restarting your Mac to get rid of the icon.

-Dave

• moisemust
    moisemust
    Community Member
    edited April 20
    Options

Hi. I also noticed this behavior on my 2 Macs, a 2019 Intel iMac and on my 2 weeks old M2 MacBook Air. No further issue on my iMac but I noticed my MacBook Air has trouble shutting down or rebooting ever since the issue appeared. The computer screen turns off but it never reboots or completely shuts down and the keyboard stays illuminated. I didn't have this issue before this "bug" appeared. Both Macs are running macOS 14.4.1. 1password version is 8.10.30.

• moisemust
    moisemust
    Community Member
    Options

OK I can confirm the shutting down problem was due to 1Password config files as after deleting the 1Password app the issue didn't disappear, but it did after deleting all leftover files. I tried reinstalling 1Password, my MacBook shuts down and reboots as it should. But the icon issue is still there.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@moisemust

I'm sorry that your Mac wasn't restarting properly before you uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password. I'm not aware of any other reports of that issue but let me know if it comes back and I can investigate further.

Regarding the icon issue: an internal work item has been opened with our development them. Hopefully the issue will be fixed in a future update soon. As mentioned previously, you can open and then close 1Password's main window after restarting your Mac to get rid of the icon as a workaround for now.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave