Searching logins/password

Options
weela66
weela66
Community Member
edited April 18 in Windows

With the many data breaches happening and having to change our passcodes, it would be great to be able to search by current login passwords. I have tried to do this but it's not possible in this beta version.

1Password Version: beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enter
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @weela66! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! I'm afraid that I don't completely understand the suggestion, can you provide a little more detail about the functionality that you'd like to see in 1Password?

If you're looking to identify if any of our logins have been affected by a data breach, resulting in you needing to change your password, then you can already use Watchtower to do that: Use Watchtower to find account details you need to change

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• weela66
    weela66
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the WatchTower give some good information but not not enough detail. Say if I use the password "12345" for 20 logins, i would like to know which 20 platforms those are. I can't search by password.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

@weela66

I can't search by password.

This is possible with the desktop app. Install and use the desktop app. Neither the website (neither old view nor new beta view) nor the browser extension supports searching by password, but the desktop app does.

There might be some confusion between the desktop app and the new beta vault view on the website, because both look exactly the same. However, the search behavior is different. Full search functionality is only available by the desktop app.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@weela66

Tertius3 is correct (thanks for jumping in!), you can use the 1Password for Windows desktop app (not 1Password in the browser) to search for your passwords. If you haven't downloaded the app already then you can find it here:

You can learn more about searching in the app here: Search in the 1Password app to find what you need

-Dave