Is it possible to add some URLs in a block list where the webextension should be disabled ?

Options

I just need to disable the webextension for https:\\localhost... because it hinders my dev.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @calixte! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! You can hide 1Password on a page for the duration of your browsing session by right-clicking on that page and choosing 1Password - Password Manager > Hide on this page.

You'll need to do this each time that you restart your browser.

Alternatively, another user recently shared that they do all of their development work in a private window and turn off 1Password for private windows but leave it on for regular windows. Would this option work for you or would you still prefer a permanent option to turn off 1Password on certain pages?

-Dave

ref: PB-39370366

• calixte
    calixte
    Community Member
    edited April 19
    Options

Hey Dave,

Disabling from the context menu isn't ideal because I'll have to do it every time I restart Firefox.
    I'd prefer not having to be in a private window because I want to be 100% sure that my dev is working correctly in a non-private one.
    I know there's this possibility to disable all the webexts in adding localhost in the pref extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains (in about:config) but I'd like to be sure that its default value is correctly updated when Firefox is (and I use nightly).
    So really I'd prefer having a list of urls I can block permanently without having to think about one of the workarounds you proposed.
    FYI, since few days, I can see in my console:

when browsing for example https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array/toSpliced.
    I've this exception too with my local server which means that it can interact with my own stuff and I'd prefer not (especially when profiling).

Anyway thank you very much for your fast answer, I really appreciate.

Calixte

• Dave_1P
    Options

@calixte

Thanks for the detailed feedback. While I can't make any specific promises, I've filed a feature request on your behalf to have our product team look into building such a blocklist in the future.

FYI, since few days, I can see in my console:

I'm sorry for the noise in the console, our developers are aware of this and are working on a fix. There shouldn't be any observable impact except for that log line, so there's no need to worry if you're seeing this error.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28962