Unwanted "Create SSH Key" menu in textareas

Options

Recently the 1Password icon and a menu containg only the item "Create SSH Key…" started to appear in certain textreas. The menu is activated every time I press down arrow within the textarea, this is extremely annonying. I don't want it, I even don't know what does it mean and why it is there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    Options

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @pixycz! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing the prompt in unrelated text fields, you should only see it if 1Password detects that the text field is asking for a SSH Key. SSH Keys are a credential that is usually used to authenticate with remote servers and services by developers.

I can file an issue to have our developers update the filling brain so that it doesn't offer an SSH key on the page in question if it's not relevant there. Are you able to share a link to the webpage where you're seeing this prompt?

If you don't want to post the link to the public forum then you can send it to support+forum@1Password.com along with a link to this thread. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and take a look.

-Dave

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't happen now. I guess it's because 1Password has updated yesterday (1Password for Mac 8.10.30; 81030032, on PRODUCTION channel). It's not mentioned in the release notes, maybe it's a byproduct.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 19
    Options

@pixycz

I'm glad that you're no longer seeing the issue after updating. If it does return in the future then let me know and I can dig deeper. 🙂

-Dave