1Password on Fedora with an ARM machine

Options
JuCos
JuCos
Community Member

Hello !
I would like to know if anyone has found a solution to install 1Password for Linux (Fedora) on an ARM machine (Apple Silicon in this case)
I can't find anything on the site :-/
Beautiful day,
Julien

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @JuCos

For any ARM-based system, including Apple Silicon, you can follow the instructions found at https://support.1password.com/install-linux/#other-distributions-or-arm-targz to download the .tar.gz of 1Password.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that's what I did, but now the only way to launch 1Passwrd is to open Terminal and enter the command "1password"... Or maybe I just haven't figured out how to do it any other way.

• Hi @JuCos,

For the ARM version of 1Password it's currently required to launch from a terminal window using the command 1password.

Franky

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    Options

If you create a desktop file it will also work from the UI (i.e. for GNOME for your user as ~/.local/share/applications/1password.desktop):

[Desktop Entry]
    Name=1Password
    Exec=/opt/1Password/1password %U
    Terminal=false
    Type=Application
    Icon=/opt/1Password/resources/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/1password.png
    StartupWMClass=1Password
    Comment=Password manager and secure wallet
    MimeType=x-scheme-handler/onepassword;
    Categories=Office;

Installing the application was here to download the tarball unpack it to /opt (I left he versioned name and added a symlink), and works already!

The only issue I'm figuring out right now is writing a suitable SELinux Policy.