Beta release notes

Options

I am on the beta channel for 1password and get updates regularly.

However I don't know what has changed. Where are the release notes for the beta.
The What's new shows notes for 3rd April 8.10.30-20and I have had at least two updates since then and I am on 1Password for Mac 8.10.32 (81032003)

However I note that the about says I am on the nightly channel whilst in my settings I chose Beta. (If I am on nightly how do I change to beta - as the settings don't work in that case).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @bestlem

From here, it sounds like you've chosen the Beta channel, but are still getting Nightly updates. This would be expected until a new Beta appears which is newer than the current Nightly, and given how far ahead the Nightly usually is, I wouldn't really expect a Beta to ever "overtake" in terms of version numbers –1Password will never "downdate" by installing a lower version number, if that makes sense.

Try following Use 1Password beta releases # To stop using the beta, even though it's about coming off the Beta channel and back to Production. Once you're back on Production, you can switch to Beta.

As for beta release notes, those can be found here: 1Password for Mac Beta Releases.

Hope that helps! Let me know how you get on. :)

— Grey

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

No I did all that and downloaded;oaded the app from https://1password.com/downloads/mac/thank-you/
    The app before I logged into 1password said in about that it was the nightly version

• Dave_1P
    edited April 18
    Options

@bestlem

It sounds like you might still be on the nightly, there is an issue where switching from the nightly may not work as designed using the normal steps and our developers are investigating. If you'd like to use the beta instead then can you try these specific steps in order:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. Make sure that the release channel is set to Beta.
    6. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your menubar and click Quit. Close all browsers.
    7. Open your Applications folder and drag 1Password to the Trash. Then remove your 1Password data.
    8. Restart your Mac.
    9. Download the latest production version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    10. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    11. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
    12. Follow the prompts to update to the latest beta version.

At the time of writing, the latest production is more recent then the latest beta but once a new beta version is released you'll be prompted to update automatically. Let me know if that works.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#16674

[edit: Added a step to remove 1Password data.]

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

I did all that except the reboot in the first place.

The issue is that the downloaded 1password says it is nightly before I did anything with the new version ie before it asked to update.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@bestlem

I'm sorry that the steps didn't help. Did you remove your 1Password data from the Mac in addition to removing the app as Grey suggested earlier? Specifically these steps:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I removed the data.

the issue as far as I can see is that the downloaded app says it is the nightly version before it does any update.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@bestlem

Thank you for confirming that. So that I can look into the issue further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave