[feature-request] Add RuPay as a card network

Options
_samkitjain
_samkitjain
Community Member
edited April 22 in Lounge

RuPay is a widely accepted credit and debit card network in India and also in many other countries. Similar to Visa, Mastercard, it would be great if RuPay is also added as an option while selecting the type of a credit/debit card in 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @_samkitjain! 👋

Thank you for the request! While I can't make any promises, I've shared your feedback internally with the team.

That being said, you don't need to choose a credit card type when saving your RuPay card to 1Password. You can either leave the type field blank or you can type in "RuPay" manually.

Let me know if you have any questions or other feedback. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-39397198

• _samkitjain
    _samkitjain
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P,

Thanks for sharing the feedback with the internal team. Hopefully it will be added soon.

However, I don't think it is possible to provide a custom value for type. It is only allowing me to only select from the dropdown.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@_samkitjain

Thanks for the reply. Are you using the desktop app? What happens if you click on the type field and just start typing?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• _samkitjain
    _samkitjain
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P,

I was using the 1Password Chrome extension and in that, I could not type. However, I was able to type it in the Android app. Thanks for the help.

Hopefully, the RuPay type will be supported soon so that the logo also comes up against the item.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm glad that you were able to add the RuPay as the card type using 1Password for Android.

Thanks again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave