Windows 11 1password start error

Options
Wizzard1
Wizzard1
Community Member
edited April 23 in Windows

Suddenly this morning when I start 1Password, I get Windows security message to Scan my finger or use a pin. Tried both but the box keeps on appearing over and over again. Only way to get rid of this is to use Task manager fo end the 1Password task - then I cannot access Windows 1Password.

The Chrome extension of 1Password works fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Wizzard1, thanks for reaching out about this!

It sounds as if Unlock using Windows Hello is enabled in 1Password. This setting allows you to unlock the 1Password app and extensions using your Windows Hello credentials, such as face, fingerprint or PIN code. However it's definitely strange that this prompt is appearing repeatedly - are you seeing any errors indicating that your Hello PIN or fingerprint aren't being accepted?

If you'd like to disable this setting, are you able to click Cancel on any Windows Security prompts, and then enter your 1Password account password into the main window to unlock 1Password instead? If so, once the app is unlocked you can follow the steps below:

1. In the top left, next to the word 1Password, click ⋮ > Settings > Security.
    2. Uncheck the option to Unlock using Windows Hello.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• Wizzard1
    Wizzard1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Tried above and does not work. On Windows 11 login, the fingerprint works, so does the PIN.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Wizzard1, I'm sorry to hear this didn't work. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with some logs from 1Password so our team can look into this further with you?

1. Open the Start Menu, paste this code into the search field, and press Enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    2. Once you've navigated to this location, right-click the Logs folder, click Copy, and paste a copy of that folder onto your desktop.
    3. Right-click the folder on your desktop, click Send To, then Zipped folder.
    4. Attach the zipped folder to your email.

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• Wizzard1
    Wizzard1
    Community Member
    Options

Have sent the folder etc but have not heard from 1Password (hence no support id so far)

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Wizzard1

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report, I can confirm that your report made it to the right team. You'll receive a reply via email as soon as possible.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of efforts.

-Dave

ref: TDF-12493-876

This discussion has been closed.