To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password.eu account keeps also asking my.1password.com domains & b5n.edge.1password.eu goes to US?!

Options
dragon1
dragon1
Community Member

Hi,

I'm a long time 1Password.eu user and the days I found out, that my 1Password.eu account despite asking my.1password.eu domains also connects to:
my.1password.com
and
b5n.edge.1password.eu (where Little Snitch says, that's a US hosted service behind)

As I can remember, this requests to my.1password.com domains didn't exist before and the b5n.edge.1password.eu has been a hosted service within Frankfurt.

Can you give some details over here? Why those changes, and why connecting my.1password.com?

And because I'm already asking...:
Little Snitch is also reporting some missing IAP policies concerning the domain:
vip1.g5.cachefly.net

It always gives me a 'warning' when using 1Password.

Hope to get some clarification over here.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@dragon1

1Password does use CacheFly, but not that exact instance, to my knowledge. It is likely a false positive from Little Snitch. I don't know that we reserve any particular IP addresses from AWS, and so it's possible that the DNS entry they (Little Snitch) had on their system for that IP was recycled from a different AWS customer.

All of our domains are listed here - 1Password ports and domains

That "edge" record you mentioned points to AWS CloudFront. This means that the client will connect to the nearest AWS Edge location. This could mean that (for instance) a client connecting to 1password.eu may not connect to an IP address in the EU. Inside the AWS network, traffic is still routed to our EU infrastructure.

tl;dr Your account is still being serviced by the .eu instance. Little Snitch is reporting the connection that was made not the final endpoint which for you would be the .eu instance.