op-ssh-sign is very slow

Options
alxndr13
alxndr13
Community Member

First of all, the SSH Agent is very nice! Thanks for this awesome feature.

Just wondering, the op-ssh-sign feels very slow and sluggish to me. Especially when i'm using it for commit signing operations. i don't know if op-ssh-sign is the issue or if it's the ssh-agent.

Signing a commit may take several seconds.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Arch Linux
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ddeville
    ddeville
    Community Member
    Options

I have noticed the same thing on Arch Linux. This has started a few months ago, sorry I don't have the precise version.

When I run op-ssh-sign through strace when it gets invoked by git, I see that it blocks for ~1 second on a recvfrom syscall on the ~/.1password/agent.sock socket (which is the socket set in my SSH IdentityAgent) to read what looks like the key retrieved from 1Password.

So I assume the problem isn't with op-ssh-sign itself (not surprising) but with the main 1Password client taking a while to send back that key...

• Jackman3005
    Jackman3005
    Community Member
    Options

It feels like it has been getting slower and slower in the past few months! Man it's painful to commit or push right now... I really like having my keys in 1Password, but I'm starting to be tempted to add them back onto my machine directly just for the speed benefit...

• Jackman3005
    Jackman3005
    Community Member
    Options

It just took me 12.532 seconds to push a one-line change to GitHub... :.....(

• proligde
    proligde
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. I might add I use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) to use the named pipes to forward my windows' 1Password ssh-agent to also work in Linux. This has worked flawlessly for way over a year now but since around April I experience the same problem. Up to around 10 seconds per ssh agent request. It's reproducible and takes the same high amount of time every single time. I had to switch back to a classic key-agent until this is fixed. Very annoying.