Mac AppStore (version 7) vs. 1Password.com (Version 8)

Options
Justanyname
Justanyname
Community Member

Hi there,

Mac App Store still just offers 1Password version 7, whereas there is already a version 8 available at 1Password.com.

Running version 7 from App Store, how can I upgrade to version 8?

Thanks everybody for any explanations

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Justanyname! 👋

Thank you for the question! You can upgrade to 1Password 8 by downloading the app from our website:

1Password 8 will walk you through the upgrade and remove 1Password 7 once the installation process is complete. You can learn more about upgrading here: Upgrade to 1Password 8

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

• Justanyname
    Justanyname
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

thank you for the quick information, all this worked perfectly fine, and 1Password7 has obviously been uninstalled properly.

Just what about the Apple AppStore now? I still have the subscription there for 1Password7, for which I am charged an annual, fee. Should I cancel this subscription?

And what about future updates for 1Password8 now to keep it up to date?

Best regards

• Dave_1P
    edited April 24
    Options

@Justanyname

Thanks for the reply. If your subscription is through Apple, you can still download the app directly from our website, and your subscription will carry over. There's no need to change your billing information. If you wish, you can also send an email to support@1Password.com and our team can help you change to direct billing.

And what about future updates for 1Password8 now to keep it up to date?

1Password 8 keeps itself updated so that you're always running the latest version. There's no need to check for updates manually. You can read more here: How to keep 1Password up to date

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• Justanyname
    Justanyname
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

thank you for this quick and clear information, your help is much appreciated. So I simply won't change anything and expect another annual bill from Apple once the current subscription period is over.

Kind regards
    Justanyname

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Justanyname

I'm happy to help! Let me know if you have any other questions in the future. 🙂

-Dave