1Password for Safari stops suggesting logins until Safari is restarted

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Safari stops working on iOS.

Comments

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

I keep having to force kill Safari to get the 1Password logins to pop up for use. I have to do this multiple times per day.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari isn't working correctly, is this happening on an iPhone or iPad? By "1Password logins to pop up for use" do you mean that you're not seeing login suggestions appear in a menu like this:

Do you still see the 1Password icon in the username/password field when you tap on that field? If you do then happens when you tap on the icon? And, when this issue occurs, are you still able to open the 1Password pop-up by tapping on AA next to Safari's address bar and then tapping 1Password?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

Correct. But now I’m seeing it may not be for all sites. BCBSIL.com is the one I keep noticing. The 1Password icon does not show when I don’t get logins. I kill safari and reopen and it works.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

Thank you for the reply. When the suggestions menu fails to appear then are you still able to open the 1Password pop-up using these steps:

1. Tap on the AA icon next to Safari's address bar.
    2. Tap 1Password.

Do you see any error messages in the pop-up when you try this?

-Dave

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    edited March 13
    Options

This is on iPad so I have the 1Password icon in the browser. Tapping that shows no errors while the experiencing the issue of not suggestion popping up.

Also, when tapping the 1Password icon in the address bar and tapping autofill it does not populate login. If I force kill safari and reload both ways work again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

Thank you for those answers. To look into this further, I'll need a diagnostics report from your device. Can you generate a diagnostics report after the next time that you run into the issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

support ticket ID is XFH-92276-766.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will review your diagnostics report and get back to you as soon as possible via email. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: XFH-92276-766

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

Any movement on this? Really annoying. If I was using this as a free product then whatever, but I’m paying a fee to use this product that is broken.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the issue. I see that the internal work item that my colleague filed is still open with our development team. I'll let the team know that you reached out for an update.

You can also use iOS AutoFill to save and fill logins when 1Password for Safari doesn't work: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28742

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

I know that but what’s the point of the extension then if it’s not going to work properly? These are the things that make the product good…if and when they work.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

Currently, I don't see that we've received reports of this issue from other customers. The team has been able to inconsistently reproduce the issue on our end and I'll make sure to reach out if our developers request any other information from your device to help investigate this further since you can reproduce the issue consistently.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave