Bug: animation issue on iOS while loggin-in

Options
prox
prox
Community Member
edited April 23 in iOS

Hi

With the latest upgrade for iOS app there is a little animation bug during the login/authorization step. I have an iPhone 15Pro. Here is the screen recording https://share.icloud.com/photos/063KzAWJcMpq6qtmEReCbO7ZQ

Note: it wasn't possible to upload video files into this form.

Best,

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @prox! 👋

Thank you for the report! I've taken a look at the video that you provided and I'm not seeing an animation bug, but it's possible that I've missed something. Can you clarify what you consider the bug to be here?

It looks like the 1Password logo is animating to a partial unlock state and then waiting for iOS to report that Face ID has confirmed your identity before completing the unlock animation and opening the app.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Yeah I was pointing to the 1Password logo animation, so maybe it's a new little feature with partial unlock state. Because the way you have described makes total sense, but if I remember correctly the 1Password logo used to go into full unlock state and then wait for Face ID confirmation. Anyway thanks for clarifying things, because it still felt personally to me like an animation just stuck for a bit with partial unlock and not smooth, but I think I just need to start liking the new way 😀

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thanks for keeping a close eye on things! Our developers did recently make some big changes to the lock screen behind the scenes to fix a variety of issues and an updated animation was one of the small changes that can be seen as a result of this. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28282