Keyboard covers Master Password field on iPhone

Options
portlanderic
portlanderic
Community Member

When prompted to login on the 1password app on iPhone, the master password field is covered up by keyboard making it very difficult to login. I see this bug has been posted about going back 5 years and then there is an apology it hasn't been fixed and the thread closed. Any ideas when this will be fixed and curious why prevent users from commenting on old posts until it's fixed vs. starting a new discussion. Anyway here is a link to a recent post with same issue.

https://1password.community/discussion/141318/1password-password-covered-up-by-ios-keyboard-in-the-ios-auto-fill-or-safari-plugin-unlock-screen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @portlanderic,

Thanks for contacting us!

I'm sorry that you're experiencing an issue with the iOS keyboard covering up the password field. Can you clarify if 1Password’s account password field is being covered up by the iOS keyboard when accessing the main 1Password app from your home screen, or just when filling or saving a login in 1Password from inside of another app using iOS AutoFill?

curious why prevent users from commenting on old posts until it's fixed vs. starting a new discussion.

Even if the symptoms for the issue are similar, threads from 5 years ago won't be relevant today, as 1Password 8 is an entirely new version. We usually don't close threads, but if the thread hasn't had any activity for a few months, it is automatically closed to help reduce clutter and information that is no longer applicable to the latest versions of 1Password.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-David

• portlanderic
    portlanderic
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the explanation, makes sense.

The issue is when i'm on the iPhone and go to fill in a password on an app/website and then click on 1password icon to fill it in. 1Password prompts me to login and then the IOS keyboard opens up covering the 1password password entry text box.

• @portlanderic

Thank you for the reply. I can confirm that you're seeing a known issue that our developers are currently working to get fixed. Please keep 1Password updated so that you receive the fix as soon as it is included in a future update.

For the time being, I recommend that you enable Touch ID or Face ID unlock for 1Password on your iPhone to reduce the number of times that you need to enter your account password:

Once Touch ID or Face ID is enabled for 1Password, you may still have to enter your account password from time to time. When you're prompted for your account password, try opening 1Password from your home screen, not from inside of another app and enter your password there. Once you've done that you'll be able to unlock 1Password using your fingerprint or face the next time that you try to fill or save a login.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• Kentzo
    Kentzo
    Community Member
    Options

Subscribing to this thread as I often too have this issue.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Kentzo

I'm sorry that the issue affects you as well, I've added your report to our developer's internal work item for the issue.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23435

• Dave_1P
    Options

@portlanderic and @Kentzo

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for an issue where the onscreen keyboard could cover up 1Password’s account password field on the lock screen when filling a login. Please update to 1Password for iOS version 8.10.30:

Thank you both for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you still see the issue with version 8.10.30 then let me know and I'll be here to help. 🙂

-Dave