Issues with Apple TV + website

Options
Fedup
Fedup
Community Member
edited April 25 in 1Password in the Browser

I recently changed my Apple ID password and had a heck of a time logging in via the browser extension to the Canadian Apple TV website https://tv.apple.com/ca. Using 8.10.32-1 application with Brave release version browser. The extension would not even fill in my username and would seemingly skip entering my password all together. The result is that I wound up getting a black box in the browser and at the same time the 2FA authentication via Apple on my iPhone. There was no place on the website to enter the 2FA code since all there was was a black square.

The solution is to copy and past the AppleID and password into the appropriate fields on the Apple TV login site and then one would see the 2FA window show up.

1Password Version: 8.10.32-1
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Windows10
Browser: Brave

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 23
    Options

Hello @Fedup! 👋

I'm sorry that you've run into issues when signing into Apple TV in Brave on your Windows PC. I've just tested this myself and I see that the Email / Apple ID doesn't fill the first time but I'm then able to proceed with the login if I try to fill the Email / Apple ID a second time.

Are you still able to reproduce the issue in your post today? If you are then can you post a screenshot of the black box that you see? Can you also tell me which version of Brave you're using?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#29275

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    edited April 22
    Options

The issue is that in Brave Version 1.65.114 Chromium: 124.0.6367.60 (Official Build) (64-bit) I see this screen for the login on https://tv.apple.com/ca

I select the email address/account from the 1Password on screen pulldown. I see no field for the password. I then hear my iPhone beep and see this screen on Brave

This is the screen which should have the boxes to enter the Apple-supplied 2 FA code from my phone.

If instead I go through the copy and paste process instead of using the extension to login, I see this screen

This is the previously shown black screen.

By the way if you trust the browser after you enter the 2FA the issue does NOT occur since there is no 2FA used in subsequent logins until the cookie set in Brave expires or is deleted.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Fedup

Thank you for those details. I'm still not able to reproduce the issue, have you changed any of the settings for Brave shields from the default? You can find the settings here: brave://settings/shields

Can you also tell me if you're able to reproduce the issue in a private window where 1Password is the only extension enabled? You can enable or disable extensions in private windows using this guide: How to enable extensions in Incognito windows | Brave

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    edited April 23
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Brave Shields not even enabled on this site. Tried Private Window same issue.

I tried it again and had no issues in Private Mode. I logged out and tried it again and had the same issue with the black screen.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Fedup

Thank you for testing that. So that I can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Followed hose instructions and sent a log file. I do not know if the logfile attached to email has anything. worthwhile. I have used console log before for capturing errors and this log does not seem to have captured very much.

ticket ID is KGZ-67651-516

• @Fedup

Got your email and log file. We'll continue our conversation there for further troubleshooting.

-Josh

This discussion has been closed.