Accidentally Deleted App and Can’t Sign Back In

Options
ellenleary19
ellenleary19
Community Member
edited April 25 in iOS

Hi there,
I had an older version of the 1Password app that only had me sign in with a master password in the past. However, recently deleted the app (I believe was the version 7 of the app) and when I re-downloaded it, I was asked for a secret key and a bunch of other login information that I was not aware of on how to recover my account. I don’t know what I need to do in order to recover my account. I am on the latest version of the app, can anyone please help me or give me some advice on how I can get back into my 1Password? Thank you!

iPhone 12, 1Password version 8 (I want to get back to 7?)

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 17.3.1
Browser: Not Provide

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ellenleary19! 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with accessing 1Password. I know how important it is to be able to access your 1Password data, and the team and I are here to help you get up and running again as soon as possible.

So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. Do you have a 1Password membership (which requires a subscription) or are you using an older standalone version of the app (which was sold as a one-time purchase)?
    2. Do you still have access to 1Password on any of your other devices?

If you'd just like to reinstall 1Password 7 then you can follow these steps:

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Apps.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Apps or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
    6. Find 1Password 7 in the list (it might be called "1Password - Password Manager" so tap on the app listing to make sure that you're see 1Password 7 and not 1Password 8, then tap the download button.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• ellenleary19
    ellenleary19
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

I do not have access to my account on any other device. I also do not have a membership. I got 1Password 7 as a one time purchase..

I also downloaded 1Password 7 and it is now asking me for a secret key and a sign-in address and I did not need that to sign in previously so I do not have that information.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ellenleary19

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like you were using an older standalone vault. Our support team can help further, please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and include a link to this thread.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• ellenleary19
    ellenleary19
    Community Member
    Options

IJT-92683-932

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ellenleary19

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague has already sent you a reply via email, please continue the conversation there.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: IJT-92683-932

This discussion has been closed.