1Password Nightly Release does not launch after update - [Resolved]

Options
BenNeivert
BenNeivert
Community Member

I am running an M1 MacBook Pro,059e), Sonoma 14.5 Beta (23F5059e). After running the update to Nightly release 8.10.32-28.Nightly, the 1Password application will not launch.
The previous nightly release ran fine, as does the Mac 8.10.32 (81032011) beta.

1Password Version: 8.10.32-28.Nightly
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.5 Beta (23F5059e)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 27
    Options

@BenNeivert

My apologies for the trouble. It looks like there is an issue with the nightly. Please downgrade until the team can get a solution into place.

Use 1Password nightly releases - stop using the nightly.

ref: dev/core/core#29382

• BenNeivert
    BenNeivert
    Community Member
    Options

No problem. Thanks for letting me know.

• markbyrn
    markbyrn
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem; downgraded from Nightly to Beta channel to fix.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Happy(!?) to hear it's not just me...

• ag_tommy
    Options

Hey folks,

A new nightly is available. Please switch to the production or beta version and then you should be prompted to update to the latest nightly.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, the new nightly works for me. But I have one question - when I uninstalled the bad nightly app I simply moved it to the trash. I did not delete the local data as per the instructions. (I've never done that before.) Is that ok that I skipped this step?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@mirv

Yes, that's ok. The application reads the data which is kept in your user folder. So there should be no need to reset the data unless there is a database mismatch. 1Password would have prompted you if that happened and then we'd be having a slightly different conversation with steps to sort that. ;)