"Copy" and "Open and Fill" buttons missing in the 1Password app [Known Issue]

Options
carens
carens
Community Member
edited April 29 in Windows

Running Windows 10 and newest version of 1Password. If I open 1Password and go to a login I can reveal my username and password but copy no longer works. This just started, as I had no problems a week or so ago.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @carens!

Could you tell me a little more about the steps you take to copy, and what is going wrong? For example, do you copy from the 1Password main window or from Quick Access, and do you click on the field or use a keyboard shortcut? Do you see any errors, or is the credential just not being put into your clipboard ready to paste?

I look forward to hearing from you 😄

• carens
    carens
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a screenshot as I think that explains most clearly. If I click on the drop down I no longer have a copy option.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @carens, thanks for getting back to me! It looks as if you're running into a known issue at the moment where the Copy label is missing from username and password fields, and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused here.

If you click directly on the field, are the contents still copied successfully?

ref: dev/core/core#28993

• carens
    carens
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that does work so that will be helpful. I will look forward to seeing the copy option restored

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm glad that the workaround helps, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Rows of the items are, for a while now, sometimes missing their "Copy" hint on mouseover.

I don't see them anywhere in the Win version, but could see them on some items in the Mac version.

New users not accustomed to the copy mechanic are now not hinted about it in any way.

1Password Version: 8.10.30 win/latest on mac
    Extension Version: n/a
    OS Version: win 11, macos sonoma
    Browser: n/a

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @finwe, thanks for taking the time to report this to us!

It sounds as if you're running into a known issue at the moment where labels like Copy and Open and Fill are missing from username, password, and website fields.

I'm not yet able to provide a timeframe for when a fix will be available in the Production version, however I can confirm that this feature is functional in the Beta version: Use 1Password beta releases

If you'd prefer to wait for this fix to reach the Production version, a workaround in the meantime is to either click on the field directly, or right click on it to see the full context menu.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know 😄

ref: dev/core/core#28993

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Gem,

thanks for clarification, I'm glad this is recognized as an issue and it is not another UX experiment :) Is there a report somewhere here on the portal that I could have found myself if I was trying a bit harder?

Anyway, looking forward for this to be fixed in stable.

Cheers!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@finwe

Thanks again for reporting the issue. I've merged your comments into the existing thread for the issue and changed the title so that it's easier for folks to find. 🙂

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    Options

@carens and @finwe

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for an issue where the "Copy" and "Open and fill" button wouldn't appear in the app. Please update using these steps:

Thank you for your patience. 🙂

-Dave

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thanks, I have already tested the beta build and it seemed fixed there. cheers!

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave