Search for items with passkeys

Options
djs71a
djs71a
Community Member
edited April 29 in Lounge

Is there a way I can search my vault to find all entries that have passkeys?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

My first answer would be: "simply search for 'passkey'", because "passkey" is the field title for the passkey entry, and field titles are indexed for search. At least in the desktop app.

However if I try to search for "passkey" in my desktop app, I get some entries with passkey, but not all. I'm not able to find all entries with passkey, so that search function seems to be somewhat incomplete.

• djs71a
    djs71a
    Community Member
    Options

@Tertius3 , yes, the first thing I tried was searching for "passkey". But like your experience, it didn't seem to find all entries. I have just started to add passkeys to my entries. For now, I am tagging them with the tag "Passkey". However, that isn't a good method, I could easily forget to tag an item when adding a passkey in the future.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @djs71a and @XIII! 👋

Searching for the term "passkey" is the best option but it's true that all items that include a saved passkey might not be found. Can you tell me a little more about the need to find all items with a passkey? I can file a feature request on your behalf and knowing how you'd use this feature, and why, will help me to pass along your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• djs71a
    djs71a
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, honestly, it isn't a need but a want 😉. It would just be nice to have the ability.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@djs71a

I've filed that for you this morning. Thank you.