Turn off Auto Enter

Options
ps1
ps1
Community Member
edited April 29 in Windows

I just moved to 1Password from Lastpass. For my most private accounts, I would save most of the password in the vault, and then when logging in to a site, I would add a couple of characters at the end of the password.

Example

homebank password saved in Vault- !@#SDSDsdasd
homebank password saved on homebank website: !@#SDSDsdasd!!!

This way, if my 1pass is hacked for some reason, nobody would be able to login to my accounts without knowing the added characters at the end.

With 1Password, the user name, password are automatically autofilled, and the enter key is hit, not allowing me to enter my "special" characters.

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.23.1
OS Version: windows 10
Browser: chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ps1! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. You can turn off the new auto-submit feature by following these steps:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Click Autofill & save.
    3. Turn off "Sign in automatically after autofill".

This way, if my 1pass is hacked for some reason, nobody would be able to login to my accounts without knowing the added characters at the end.

Everyone needs to decide their own level of comfort and the threat model that they're trying to protect against, and I respect your personal security decisions, but using a "double-blind" system of the type that you've described isn't necessary with 1Password. All of your saved items and passwords are protected using end-to-end encryption and your passwords never leave your device without first being encrypted using both your account password and Secret Key: About the 1Password security model

Even if 1Password was hacked then all that the hackers would have access to is encrypted gibberish that cannot be read without your account password and Secret Key. We have a great blog article about the subject here: How 1Password Keeps Your Data Safe, Even In the Event of a Breach

-Dave

• ps1
    ps1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for the the fast and informative information. I didn't realize the extension had its own set of settings.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help! 😊

-Dave