Duckduck Go Question

Options
mobius32x
mobius32x
Community Member
in Mac

Hello:

I understand that there is no extension for DDG (and I use the extensions on FF, Chrome, Safari) and that I can grant DDG access to 1P ... but is there any security difference between what, say, the FF extension provides versus the method for using DDG? I kind of froze at the message that said that DDG would be able to read everything (but I guess that FF can too!). Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 14.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @mobius32x! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thanks for reaching out! To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of the message that you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

You're correct that DuckDuckGo doesn't support browser extensions so 1Password in the browser isn't available there. However, you can fill logins into DuckDuckGo browser using Universal Autofill: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

-Dave

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member
    Options

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mobius32x

Thank you for the screenshot. It looks like you're trying to add DuckDuckGo as a custom trusted browser in the Settings > Browser screen in the desktop app. Is that correct? This is a feature that allows users to add a non-supported browser to the 1Password for Mac app so that the 1Password extension in that unsupported browser and the 1Password desktop app can communicate.

Since DuckDuckGo doesn't support browser extensions, there's no need to add DuckDuckGo as a trusted browser.

Instead, please follow the steps in our guide to setup and use Universal Autofill instead: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

Let me know if you run into any issues. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks, Mr. Dave_1P :-)

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave