1Password for Safari extension blocking downloads on WeTransfer.com

Options

Comments

• baldyauldeejit
    baldyauldeejit
    Community Member
    Options

The same issue has been happening with WeTransfer for months now. Thankfully, I came across a post which linked to this thread. The workaround of temporarily disabling the 1Password for Safari extension allows files to be downloaded.

Mac Studio (2022), Safari 17.4, 1Password extension 2.22.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @baldyauldeejit! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to download files from WeTransfer when using 1Password for Safari. I've split your comment into a new thread so that we can discuss this issue separately.

I signed up for a free account on WeTransfer and uploaded an image file. I was then able to download the image file without issue in Safari when 1Password for Safari was enabled. Can you tell me a little more about the issue and what happens when you try to download a file?

This is the download button that I'm clicking after accessing a WeTransfer share link:

-Dave

• baldyauldeejit
    baldyauldeejit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave. When I try to download a file, the download stops with a "Could not connect to server" error and I'm left with a partial download.

I came across the same issue downloading a file from adobe.com today. Again, disabling the extension allowed me to download the file. However, I've tested this several times again on both Adobe and WeTransfer and the results are inconsistent. Disabling the extension once appears to be enough to resolve the issue (at least when testing today it did). Puzzling.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@baldyauldeejit

Thank you for the reply. So that I can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue on either wetransfer.com or adobe.com:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave