1Password for iOS automatically in editing mode for a random login every time opened

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Mac automatically in editing mode for a random login every time opened.

Comments

• nikxda
    nikxda
    Community Member
    Options

I am still seeing this behavior on the latest iOS build, which was first reported a year ago on here. It feels like a bug this severe should be addressed with high priority and not stay open for months and months. Any updates?

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @nikxda! 👋

I'm sorry that the wrong item is opening on your iOS device. The team released a fix for a previous related issue with 1Password for iOS 8.10.30 in April but it didn't resolve the situation for everyone and the team is actively working on addressing these cases. When a fix is available it'll be automatically included in a future update to 1Password for iOS and noted in our release notes.

Can you try the following steps to see if they allow you to workaround the issue:

1. Tap Cancel on the item draft that appears.
    2. Wait 2 seconds.
    3. Fully close the 1Password app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. If you see another draft, repeat steps 1-4 again.

If that doesn't work then can you tell me which version of 1Password for iOS you're using and whether the issue always occurs after you tap on the 1Password icon from your iPhone's home screen?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28720

• keithdavis
    keithdavis
    Community Member
    Options

It’s not “the wrong item”, at least for me. What it is is a partially filled out out new entry. One that I started and did not finish, now I have to cancel it over and over again.

• keithdavis
    keithdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and those steps only fix it temporarily and then the issue comes back after 1 or 2 uses (same partially filled out new login).

• Dave_1P
    Options

@keithdavis

I'm sorry that the workaround only temporarily helps the situation. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave