1Password 4.2 for iOS is a free update for all 1Password 4 for iOS users

substitute
substitute
Community Member
edited May 2013 in iOS

I have 1Password 3.7.2 on my iPhone. 4.2 shows in the app store as $17.99. Is this a paid upgrade?

Comments

• cr-stagg
    cr-stagg
    Community Member

Same here. What is happening?

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

4.2 is a free upgrade from 4.x. 4.0 was a paid upgrade from 3.x.

• isdanreally
    isdanreally
    Community Member

Disappointing. I never got an email in December (when 4.0 came out) about the 50% off promo they were offering.

• substitute
    substitute
    Community Member

Yeah, I never heard about it either. It's totally worth the $12, though.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for any confusion, folks. 1Password 4 debuted in December with a 50% OFF sale to celebrate and help folks migrate (since Apple does not provide any way to offer upgrade pricing to existing customers). Any price we set is the same for everyone. There is no way to distinguish between someone who previously purchased version 3 and someone who did not. So our options were to either be generous and have a sale for everyone or offer no discount to anyone if we really didn't want folks who didn't purchase version 3 to get a good deal. We much prefer to be generous, so we went with the former rather than the latter. :)

I never got an email in December (when 4.0 came out) about the 50% off promo they were offering.

Our email newsletter is strictly opt-in. We don't have any way of collecting email addresses from App Store customers. Apple does not provide this data to developers. Of course, we agree with this policy as it prevents unsavory developers from harvesting email addresses and spamming people. If you have not subscribed to our email newsletter, now is a great time to do so so you don't miss out on future sales and announcements:

https://agilebits.com/company/newsletter

There will always be more sales, and we announce them via Twitter, Facebook, newsletter, and blog.

1Password 4.2 for iOS is a free update for all 1Password 4 for iOS users.

This discussion has been closed.